Pain in the back
I have been out of action yesterday. My backache and sciatica took a turn for the worse. Well actually I went to see the doctor in the morning and got some more anti-inflammatory and pain-killers. It was a bit bad on Sunday, because I stayed indoors and did not walk around as much. So, staying home after the doctors really did not help! And the medicine was giving me an upset stomach. Oh dear, nothing works!
It's normally the worst in the morning, and last night I was sleepless, waking up each time I tried to turn over! It takes me forever to get ready to go to work because getting dressed and standing/walking first thing is excrutiatingly painful. My mom had this last year and it took her a few months to get over it. She went to the Chinese physician who massaged the base of her spine and it got better so that's what I'm doing now to relieve the pain. It does work, I think.
This has been going on for 1 month now, don't know how long it will last! There's no instant cure. However, I have a referral to see a physio tomorrow. Hopefully she will be able to give me some excercises to help me ease the pain and heal faster!!
Went back to work today. Spent some of the time working while standing up, propping my laptop up on a cardboard box. Had to sit down after a while when feet start to ache!!
I went for lunch with Lionel in a Japanese restaurant, had Teriyaki chicken and rice, with miso soup and some pickled vegetables. Very generous portion too! This is one thing I'm going to miss - working in the West End, right next to Chinatown.
The office move will be happening end of this month. I'm making the most of being in the office these few week - having nice lunches, shopping... Soon I'll be back in the Bank area and by the time I finish there, our office would have been moved. Oh well, might help me save money!
Been thinking about pros and cons about the move....
Pros being in West End
- food, shopping, theatre
Cons being in West End
- bloody tourists every where, too much food
Pros being in Maidenhead
- driving to work means I don't have to carry my laptop and I can wear high heels, less chance of being bombed in a tube
Cons being in Maidenhead
- no longer working in London (unless of course if based at client site... hopefully!) so access to theatre and London friends more limited, more chance being stuck in traffic jam
We'll see how it goes. Hopefully I'll be based in London most of the time!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home