Friday, August 05, 2005

Much better thank you!

OK the physio did help. I wasn't sure yesterday after I left, but she did warn me that it might hurt a bit more after she has done her work. The physio, Jenny, asked me loads of questions and asked me to do a lot of bending and moving and checked my reflexes. Then she checked my spine and found the spot that was causing all the agony. She also massaged it to try to free my trapped nerves and align it.. I think. She also explained why my nerves got trapped. Apparently it is not from slipped or herniated disc. It's just wear and tear where the disc has become flatter so the gap for the nerves become smaller. Old age!!

She also gave me some exercises to do which twice a day, mostly to mobilise my hip/waist area. Been doing that though this morning it was more painful, but by late morning today, the sciatica has gone away (although I can still feel twinges if my posture is wrong). Of course that was the pain that masked the backache so I can now feel the pain in my back. At lunch I went to pick up a back support which is a wide belt with a plastic plate at the back which support the spine... It really helped but I felt like a Ninja Turtle!! Let's hope the pain will slowly but surely go away for good!

I went out with Julie for dinner today. We went to a nice restaurant/bar call The Fire Stables in Wimbledon Village. The village is really nice with nice bars and restaurants and shops... pricey but nice. I had the slow roasted pork belly. It was delicious!! Julie and I had a good natter, catching up on life, we haven't seen each other for over 2 months, before my holidays. We really should do this more often!! And I should go to Wimbledon Village more often too. It's the place for "beautiful" people.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chipmunkrock said...

Good to know that you're feeling better.

2:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home