Friday, August 12, 2005

Death of a Salesman

I watched Death of a Salesman at the theatre last night. It was incredibly good! The story is very simple but very emotional. It's about a man who has become too old to continue working as a travelling salesman. He has to beg to try to keep his job but was let go. He had to borrow to pay off his debts and monthly expenses. He has lost the respect of his sons. His eldest son, in whom he has put a lot of hope and expectations upon since he was young, bums around not utilising his full potential but he still thinks that he can excel. Therefore he is disappointed but cannot see that his son is only a man who can only do so much.

All of the cast were brilliant (Brian Dennehy, Douglas Henshall, Clare Higgins, etc). Watching the actors, you actually think that they really feel the great disappointment, fear, despair, regret (of not taking some chances in the past), envy (of other people who are wealthier), love etc. I think most of the audience were crying at the end. I'm surprised that I have never seen the movie before. Think I'll have to watch the movie at some point.

Spoke to my mom yesterday. I didn't realise how bad the haze was in KL. I then checked The Star's website and saw how bad it was. I really hope something can be done, or at the very least there will be rain soon!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home