Friday, December 09, 2005

A Total Wash Out

So I was looking forward to the weekend, take it easy and go into town. Well, I woke up on Saturday morning (3 December) and it was raining, quite heavily. So I waited, relaxed and watched some TV. It looked like it was only a drizzle so I decided to go out. By the time I put my shoes on and went outside, it got heavy again. So I popped into the beauty salon downstairs and enquired about a facial. They have a slot in 1.5 hours. Fine. In the meantime, I thought I’d pop to the supermarket… Bad idea. By the time I got there, my jeans were wet up to my knees. As I was walking it was getting worse!! Anyway, went there and back again, had lunch, changed clothes and went for a very nice facial.

The girl who did my facial was from London. She is half Italian, half Irish and lived in Streatham, but she has moved to Rome now. It was good that I was able to communicate with her.

At about 3 pm, after my facial, the rain stopped. So I made my way to town. I went to Piazza Barberini, because a church there called Santa Maria della Vittoria was mentioned in Dan Brown’s book. Got there, saw the Hotel Bernini, and the Tritone Fountain, but not church. Found a church, but it wasn’t it. Maybe it’s not on the square, but off it. Hmmm, put this on hold, need to do some more research.

From there I headed towards Via del Corso (like Oxford Street) and passed the Trevi Fountain again. Then I decided to go up Via del Corso towards Piazza del Popolo to see the Santa Maria del Popolo church, where the Chigi Chapel was mentioned in Dan Brown’s book. Got there, it was closed. I’m beginning to wonder if the monuments he mentioned really exist!!


On my way back I went to Termini station where they had an indoor shopping area. There I bought a pair of red Wellington boots with blue flowers for only 9€. Finally I have a pair… wish I had it in the morning when I was drowning in the rain!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home