Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Rome Week 2

Ok, so it was Rome, London, Paris, London and now back to Rome for Week 2!! I braced myself for it. Firstly having experienced it once already, I did not wake up at 4 am for a 5 am taxi. I asked the taxi to come at 6am instead, which still gave me plenty of time for the 7:45 am flight.

And when I got here, it was not as manic as before. In fact, most of the people were in Turin and so I could work on my own. The week went on in that sort of way and I got my work done. However I have to wait for the deliverables for the client and that slowed me down a bit. Ended up writing documentation which I would have left until the end. The week did go by quite quickly. We moved into serviced apartments which are about 100 meters from the office, so I can afford to roll out of bed at 8:30 am and be in at work shortly after 9 am!

The hours we work are long, finishing at the earliest 7:30pm or even 8:30pm but at least the apartment is nearby and on a couple of nights when I was too tired to go out for a meal I cooked at home and had an early night. There is a little supermarket (well actually a mini market by Malaysian standards) just across the road where we can get the essentials.

The apartment is quite comfortable. It is a duplex, so there is upstairs and it has 3 rooms with 4 beds altogether, perfect for when the girls visit. However 2 of the rooms are locked and if we want to use it we have to pay extra.

Actually on the Thursday before, after I had left, my colleagues found the building by accident, enquired and booked apartments for themselves. They were told that there will be availability for me. On Monday when we went to check in, they were given some apartments which did not meet the standards of those which they were shown on Thursday, so there was a big palaver of being shown the different apartments etc. Actually they were shown apartments with CD and DVD players and flat screen TVs etc, which they called Deluxe, but the ones which were assigned did not have such facilities and were called Deluxe also!! In the end they got the facilities they wanted. I was not promised that on Thursday and they had run out of those so I was shown a couple of newly refurbished apartments which did not have CD and DVD but were called Deluxe because of the furnishing. So I got one of the newly furnished ones which in my opinion is better than old furniture and CD/DVD in my opinion.

Anyway, don’t have time to watch DVDs or listen to music. There is a Sky Movie Channel where the shows are not dubbed so mostly in English. Also I’m re-reading Dan Brown’s Angels and Demons and taking note of all the places in Rome which he mentions so that I make sure I visit them!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home