Marzipan and Polo
I've achieved a lot this weekend, and it has been fun. In the morning I covered the wedding cakes with marzipan. All went well, it took about 1.5 hours at a leisurely pace. Julie and I had made plans to meet with her friends in Ham to watch a polo match. I've never been to one before.
Well, by late morning it was all cloudy and rained a little so we weren't sure if we were going, but by 1:30pm, it looked OK so we decided to go.
It turned out to be great fun. We met up with Julie's friends Bronson and Tanya. I met them once before last year and now Tanya is pregnant. They are from South Africa and are really nice people. Tanya's dad Neville was also there, and we met him the last time as well, just happen to be visiting from SA.
We also met this American tourist called Emma. She was on her own and we picked a picnic spot next to where she was standing and so invited her to join us. She's from New York and like horses and actually did her research to find a polo match in London to watch. Hope that she will keep in touch.
It was also interesting to watch the match, although I understand little of the rules. Only know that there are chukkas of about 7 mins each. Not sure how many chukkas there are altogether in one match. During the long break, the spectators are invited to walk on the pitch to repair the divots.
Typical of the British weather, we got rained on several times. When it wasn't raining the weather was very pleasant, although it got increasing cooler so we all left about 5:30pm.

2 Comments:
oooh..getting snooty aren't we..polo matches!
Yah, yah!
Post a Comment
<< Home