Sunday, November 06, 2005

Tanya goes home

Today I met up with Tanya. We worked in the same project for about 8 months. She is leaving to go back to New Zealand for good this Thursday. I've not seen her for a while since I left the project, so it was nice to catch up with her before she goes.

We met at Wimbledon and then we drove to Shere, a village in Surrey, where we had lunch at a pub called the White Horse. It is my favourite little village (though I have not been there for almost 2 years) and the food at the pub is really good. Tanya had roast lamb and I had roast beef. The weather is very poor today, very grey and rainy so we could not walk around much. However we did visit the little church in Shere. It was where one of the scenes (the one where her parents renewed their vows) in Bridget Jones's Diary: Edge of Reason was filmed. Then we visited the Shere Shop which sells little trinkets and gifts, all very unique.

We then went to Tesco's to pick up some groceries and then said our good-byes when I dropped her off at Wimbledon. She will be back next summer for a holiday in UK and in Europe. Also I hope to go and see her in NZ soon too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home