Karl and Jo's cake
I think it's turned out really well. The roses are quite robust but the leaves keep falling apart (probably because of the colouring I had to add to get the colour). Luckily I had made loads. They gave me the idea of the little details on the side of the cake which at first I wasn't sure will work (thought it might be too busy) but it actually makes it looks nice and not so bare on the sides without flowers.
There was almost a disaster 2 days ago when it was really raining and the inside my flat got very humid and the icing on the cake, flowers and leaves became soft. I lost a lot of leaves (I made some ivy leaves but could not used them). I now have the dehumidifier on to keep the moisture away.
I now have a 12 inch sponge cake to bake, and also to decide what to wear. I cannot believe that I am leaving it so late, though I have 2 outfits to decide from: Brown and orange or red and black.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home