Wednesday, November 02, 2005

My Sweet Baboo

I was checking the online dictionary for the meaning of "babu" (what Dex calls his grandpa). Here's what I found:

ba·bu also ba·boo
n. pl. ba·bus, also ba·boos
1. Used as a Hindi courtesy title for a man, equivalent to Mr.
2. A Hindu clerk who is literate in English.
Offensive. A native of India who has acquired some superficial education in English.

[Hindi babu, father.]

I'm sure he is referring to meaning 1 (or father) as he loves his grandpa so much. Wonder how he knew to use this.

Then my sister mentioned to me that "My Sweet Baboo" is the pet name which Sally Brown calls Linus in the Peanuts comics. So I did some digging around and found this:

Which Peanuts character are you?

I'm Linus.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chipmunkrock said...

i am charlie brown!!! i am a loser?

4:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am Lucy!!! But I don't think it's right. I should be Snoopy.

11:57 pm  
Blogger Lee Ling said...

I can't believe this... BUT I'm Snoopy...hmmmmmm maybe all the sleeping which I absolutely LUVVVV should have tipped me off.

1:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home