Friday, December 09, 2005

Rome Week 4

This is a short week as Thursday 8 December is a holiday in Rome. It is the Immaculate Conception. Not quite sure how they celebrate it. Most my French colleagues have gone back to Paris on Wednesday night. Only Jeanne stayed the night because she could not get a flight that night and had to fly in the morning instead. We left work not too late (6 pm) and went into town for some shopping and dinner. She was very good company.

So Thursday I did not have to go into the client’s office, but I had to do some work for my office in London. When that was done, about 5pm, I went out to the city centre for some shopping. Also, Jeanne called me in the morning to tell me that she left the food she bought the night before in the hotel and I can collect it and eat it as she is not coming back to Rome anymore!

The rumour was that Spagna (Spanish step was going to be very busy because there is some celebrations there), so I decided to get off at the next stop Flaminio. It is the stop for Piazza del Popolo. Walking from the station to the start of Via del Corso, I passed Santa Maria del Popolo, and it was opened!! At last I got to see the Chigi Chapel and it was exactly as Dan Brown described it, with the piramides, statue of Habakkuk and the Angel pointing the way… It was all very exciting!!

Although I have walked the area several times now, I still managed to find new roads and new shops. There is so much to discover in Rome, I doubt I’ll be able to finish even though I have spent 4 weeks here, and have another 2 more to go…

On Friday I will be on my own in the office. Hopefully I can get lots done. However Lisa, Friend A Sook and Lee Ling arrives in the evening… I have to prepare for a tiring weekend!!

I have caught up with my blog now… It's Friday now, and it has been raining all morning. I came to work in my bright red Wellington boots.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Besides the rain, is it really cold there? We have lots of snow here. Last week we had 6-10 inches. Someday, can I go there and have you as my tour guide?

3:49 am  
Blogger WeeFishy said...

It wasn´t really cold at all, definitely no snow. Of course I can be your guide. It is such a lovely place to visit I can see the sights again and again!

8:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home