Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Real Mary King's Close

Last week I join a club called Spice. It is a social club which organises interesting events from dinner parties to bungee jumping. My first event with them was to visit The Real Mary King's Close on Thursday, April 6.

The place is supposed to be haunted. It was dark and some parts smelled really musty, apparently the real smell. There, people lived in squalor and were affected by the plague. There were also stories of sightings of ghosts but I did not have an encounter with any ghosts, which was disappointing! But it was amazing to learn how people lived then, and how building were built so very tall and close together so that these closes were formed.

They will be having a Ghost Fest there soon, I might visit there again to see what goes on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home