Down South
The project in Edinburgh finished last Friday and this morning, Monday 3 July I came back to London. I am not a happy bunny. I'm missing Edinburgh already, especially walking right out of the airport and waiting around in some heatwave of 28 Celsius for the mini bus to take me to my car, which was delayed because of the terrible traffic around Heathrow!! Not a good start.
I spent the weekend packing and cleaning the flat. I did make a trip to Ocean Terminal to visit the The Royal Yacht Britannia. It was quite interesting as you get to see where the Queen slept and relaxed on the yacht. It was all very lush. After that I watch the England World Cup match... it was dire. I'm not too upset that they are out of it. They do not deserve to progress after the way they have been playing.
Well my journey back was fairly smooth, except that when I tried to check in my luggage, it was 42kg!! We are only allowed 32kg per bag because of health and safety, so I had to take out 10kg of stuff. Luckily they were mainly books and some jam and honey and I carried those on as hand luggage. Couldn't believe that I really had so much stuff, and already I had left a couple of bags with Gillian and another couple with Chris!! What a nightmare I am... good thing I did not go shopping over the weekend!
I was sad to leave Edinburgh. I'm now praying that the next project will start up there and that I will be the one to go there. Being in Edinburgh has made me realise what a dump London is, with bad traffic, pollution, rude people, heatwave, etc etc!! Well, I do have lovely memories of Scotland and Edinburgh.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home