Friday, June 16, 2006

Saturday Activities

On Saturday, my guests and I went to Glenkinchie Distillery just outside of Edinburgh. I thought it would be interesting for them to visit a distillery while in Scotland. I have been to several already, and they are pretty much the same. The thing that makes the whisky different is the water used and the shape of the copper distillers. The distilling process are always the same. It was a slightly more interesting visit because there was some wort fermenting in the vats. The people there were also very friendly and the discounts offered by this distillery was the best there was, compared to the others which I have been to.

After that, we headed back into Edinburgh for lunch. We went to the
Ocean Terminal in Leith Harbour. It is a big shopping centre, and docked next to it is the Royal Yacht Britannia. I left my aunt and cousins to visit that, because it was coming up to 2pm and England was going to play their first game in the World Cup. I took a bus home to catch the game... I got there at 3 mins past the hour, just in time to miss the only goal, and then had to sit through the rest of it and I was infuriated by how badly they were playing!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home