Fresh Air, Fruits and Friends
It's been 1 week since I came back to London. I suppose I am getting used to it again It does help that the weather is not sweltering anymore, and has been quite pleasant for the last few days. Also, I have not been into central London (where the crowds, traffic, pollution, etc) yet... that will bring me right down to earth! I still want to go back to Edinburgh!
So, trying to make the best of things down here, on Sunday, I met up with Lee Ling, Friend A Sook, Lisa and her boyfriend Anton (last we meet him) at a pub in Esher for lunch and then we went to Garsons Farm to pick fruits and vegetables. We got strawberries, cherries, raspberries and sugarsnaps. I love that place where I can get some fresh air and exercise harvesting food for my table.
After I dropped Lee Ling home, I thought I'd check if Tanya, Bronson and Leo were home so I can give them some strawberries. They live just in the road behind Lee Ling. I have not seen them since February, when Leo was only about 2 months. Now he is 7 months and every so cute with a lovely smile. He got on famously with me. Tanya and Bronson also had their friends Rob and Audrey and their daughter Maeli visiting and they invited me to stay for dinner as they were having a barbecue. We watched the World Cup Final. It was a very pleasant evening.
Tanya let me bathe Leo while she made some salad, which was very fun. He loved the water and kept kicking and kicking. I really have to go and see him more often as he is at the same age as JoJo, so I can follow their progress, and get big cuddles!!
Little Maeli entertained me after Leo went to bed. She is almost two and very cute. She can talk a little, and when you ask her a question she goes "Ya-ah" in a very posh way. I wondered about her name and her parents said it is Chinese origin, i.e. Mei Li (beautiful) because they knew someone who had that name and liked it very much. How original... she has a Chinese name as her English name... while I have an English name as my Chinese name.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home