Road Trip Part 4 - Cheddar, Glastonbury, Devizes, Home!
From Padstow we drove straight to the B&B at Cheddar. I've always wanted to visit Cheddar - because of it's name (I imagined a lot of cheese) but actually cheddar cheese wasn't named after the place, but is the word cheddar is a way of processing cheese.
Our little B&B was called Chedwell Cottage, and we found this place because another B&B had us double booked and referred us to this place. We were given a room for 3 people - one double and one single bed, but that was fine. The host, Sue, was very friendly and invited us to sit in the lounge (with other guests) for some tea and to relax and chat, so we were not confined to our room. For dinner, we walked down to the high street and had some Indian (I think we were hankering for some spicy food after days of eating mild English food!)
For lunch, we stopped at a tea room, where Friend A Sook and I had cream tea (one scone with clotted cream and strawberry jam and cup of tea) and Lee Ling had an ice cream sundae (ice cream hand made on the premises). We were actually still full from breakfast to need a proper lunch.
Heading back to London, we stopped by at Chester's place in Devizes. My aunt was also visiting there so we stayed for a chat and dinner before heading back to London. For that weekend, we travelled 620 miles. It was quite tiring as most of the trip was spent in the car but at least now I can say I've been to Devon and Cornwall.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home