Friday, October 21, 2005

Pretty in purple

There's only about 1 week to Karl's wedding. The flowers (they are lilac/light purple though this picture might make it look pink-ish) are almost all done. I'll ice the cakes (already marzipanned) tomorrow and hope to assemble and finish everything by Wednesday next week. I still have to bake a sponge cake (with no decorations) as an alternative to fruit cake, which I will do on Thursday night.

The wedding is in Salford Cathedral and the reception is in Mere Golf Club near a town call Knutsford (which is near Manchester). There is a Robbie Williams song called Knutsford City Limits! I'm taking next Friday off to travel up there and deliver the cake on Friday, although the wedding is on Saturday. I've also booked 2 nights hotel. I'm really looking forward to it as this sounds like it is going to be quite a traditional English wedding (church, sit down dinner, party and dancing until late). Now must find something to wear....

It's been very rainy these few days, almost like torrential rain, but it's still not that cold. Hope next weekend is good, at least in Salford/Knutsford!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home