Under the weather
On Friday I met up with Julie for dinner. It was her birthday on Saturday so it was a mini celebration. We went to a pub called The Olde Swan in Thames Ditton which looks onto the river. It was very nice there, the food was also good. Julie had a cold and lucky me caught it!! On Saturday I went out to complete my shopping for the cake and after a couple of hours I felt quite dizzy and very sleepy, and nauseated as there was some congestion in my throat. I got home, had a nap and that night went to bed early. I had to cancel the shopping trip to Portsmouth with the girls on Sunday. Good thing too as I still felt a bit awful in the morning but staying at home all day did help me get better. Let's not speak too soon as I'm still working hard to fight it off!!!
Last night before I went to sleep I chanced upon a documentary on TV called The Boy whose Skin Fell Off. It was about a boy who was born with a genetic disorder, where his skin was really fragile and blistered, falling off very easily. When he was about 35 years old, it worsened to become cancerous. The doctor said he had 1 year left to live The documentary charted the last few months of his life. He decided not to undergo cancer treatment and then went about planning his funeral. It was very sad, not so much that he died (because he was in so much pain) but because he had suffered so much in his life but was very brave. He came across as an intelligent funny person who didn't deserve to suffer like that. Nobody does.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home