Bakin' ag'in
I've been baking again. As a direct result of James's wedding cake, I've been asked to make a wedding cake by Karl for his wedding end of October. I have 5 full weeks... just a little bit more notice. A couple of weeks ago at my leaving drinks, I showed him photos of the cake I made just as he was looking for someone to do the cake... right place at the right time.
This time the cake is bigger, to feed about 140 people. So it will be a 3 tier: 6, 9 and 12 inches. I went out today and bought all the ingredients. The 12 inch cake is now cooking in the oven as I write. Another 2 hours until it's done.. about midnight!
Not sure what the design of the cake will be. Her flowers are just roses, and the colour scheme is white and purple. I've sent them some picture I found on the internet so hopefully they will come up with an idea of exactly what they would like soon.
Great... I really like this challenge!!

1 Comments:
you should quit your job and do this full time!
Post a Comment
<< Home