Devizes
Went on a day trip to Devizes today. Took my aunt and her friend there to visit my cousin Chester's new house. It's about 2 hours drive from home. His home is really nice, 4 bedroom and very new and comfortable inside. The area is quite countrified. We went for lunch at a pub by the canal - nice crispy fish and chips, and then went for a walk uphill along the canal. There were about 16 locks to enable the boats to go up and down a quite steep hill. Interesting how a lock works. It was the first time which I have seen it working up close. Then we visited the town hall and had a simple dinner at home before making our way home. The first part of the journey was through country roads which were not lit and so I had to use high beam when no other cars were around. I like that, but it was scarily dark!! Hope to visit them more often, like a break away from London.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home