Flight delayed
On Friday, I was suppose to take the 6:20pm flight from Linz to Vienna and connect to a flight to London. I got to the airport with plenty of time to be told that the flight was delayed by 15 - 20 minutes, but I will still be ok to catch the connecting flight. After a while, they announced that the flight was not going to leave until 7:15pm, which will cause me to miss my connection.
So they rerouted me via Frankfurt, where the flight to London is at 10:30pm. The flight to Frankfurt was delayed as well due to bad weather, but I should have plenty of time if it left before 8:30pm. We boarded the flight at about 8:00pm. At about 8:30pm, the pilot said that we cannot take off until 9:30pm, because we do not have a slot to land in Frankfurt. So I might miss my connection, although the steward thinks that all inbound and outbound flights will be delayed.
Finally I arrived in Frankfurt at 10:45pm, and saw that the flight to London has been delayed until 11pm!! I had to rush to the gate, which was really far away (have to take a train). I was already in a hurry and they made me go to 2 security checks, the second less than 50 meters from the other. The security staff were not very helpful, said that I had miss my flight, and made me take my laptop out from my bag and remove my coat etc!! I was so mad at them. But I did make it to my flight. I got to the gate as the last few passengers were going in, so I was the last one to get on.
I finally go to London at midnight, and the taxi I ordered did come (although I told them I would call them when I arrive in case I did not catch the flight). What a palaver! It was nice to be in my own bed at last, though I had resigned myself to spending a night in Frankfurt and catching the first flight back to London, which would have been fine, though I had a lot to do on Saturday, like go to the office and the Duran Duran concert!

1 Comments:
oh i havent been blogging so long i never realised you changed your blogskin!
Post a Comment
<< Home