Friday, December 16, 2005

Tzping in Austria

I'm in Linz, Austria now, the second of mz two dazs here. It's reallz nice here, a change from Rome. I am now sure I definitelz prefer northern Europe to southern Europe. Everzthing seems more civilised here: the driving, the people, the hotel facilities. Even the waz people talk and have discussions is quieter!! And their English is better although I do not understand a word of German (I can make out what the Italians are sazing)

The client is reallz nice and on the ball with the work and thez even gave me internet access, thus I am writing this. I am using an Austrian kezboard and so zou can see mz tzoing is a bit weird because their z and y kezs are swapped. I decided not to correct them, just to show zou how crayz it would look, but when I tzpe proper emails I have to keep going back to correct mzself!!

It is almost like a holidaz here, compared to Rome because zesterdaz we finished before 6pm and I went into the town centre to visit the Christmas Markets. All other shops were shut, but shopping looks good here. I had a puncsh (something like a punch or mulled wine, and is warm and alcoholic!). Then I had a nice seafood buffet dinner at the restaurant in the hotel (which I am now told is quite famous in Linz) , and got to bed about 11pm which is a luxurz!

I go back to London tonight. Tomorrow I have to go to the office for a couple of hours to work on a demo, and then I'm going up to Birmingham for the Duran Duran concert at the NEC. I wanted to see them in London, but I will be Rome when thez are in London. What a dedicated fan!

PS. The citz Linz is reallz Linz, not Liny. I made sure it is spelt correctlz otherwise it will be confusing!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home