Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Heatwave and a Pink Pig

It is so hot in London this week... about 33 C today, and it is expected to go up to 35 C tomorrow. I really cannot take it (so wish I was in Edinburgh... where it is 28 C today, but 33 C tomorrow). I can sweat even if I just sit or stand there! They are describing this as dry heat but apparently after Wednesday, the temperature will be lower, but it will be humid, so still lots of sweating!

One might think it would be better to sit on a beach or garden in this temperature but it is actually a relief to be at work, where there is airconditioning. However it is so hot outside that it is struggling to get to a very cool temperature indoors. The worst is the commute home when everything has been baking all day so walking is hot and the underground... well, don't even go there! It takes me ages to get home these days because I'd rather walk or take the bus to Waterloo than go on the underground. I really cannot wait for autumn or some rain!

My sister rang me today. We were just being evacuated because of the fire alarm, so I could not hear very well at the beginning. Dex was talking to me about something I couldn't make out. Finally, Ai Li explained that she bought me a pink toy pig, and he wanted it. So she told him that he could look after this pig for me and give it to me when he sees me next time. He wanted to call me to let me know that he has a pink pig for me. I told him to look after it, make sure it goes to sleep, eats well and behaves. He said it is sleeping and then it is eating chicken and rice. And apparent it walks, goes to the loo, etc, too! He is so sweet... when he's good, he is golden, though recently I have not spoken to him for a while because he refuses to pay any attention to the phone. It is still quite difficult to understand what he is saying, I think you need to be there to see his expressions and hand movements.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home