Wednesday, August 16, 2006

What's with women and shoes?

Although I have a minor resolution of not doing much luxury shopping anymore, I did go down to Portsmouth with Friend A Sook, Lee Ling and her mom (who just arrived in London last Thursday) last Saturday. It was mainly Lee Ling and Friend A Sook who wanted to go. Lisa also wanted to go but she had to work that day, so too bad.

At about 11:00am, we set off to
Gunwharf Quays. It is a shopping outlet centre in Portsmouth. It is not very far, about 60 miles or 1 hour's drive. Most shops were having the last of the sales, so stuff are really cheap (M&S and Next tops from £3!!). We had our usual lunch at Tootsie's as Lee Ling had a hankering for ribs. I was very reserved in my spending... at first. I bought a Gap skirt for £5 and an M&S men's fleece top for £2.50 (for my Dad when he comes end of this year).

That was all I spent on, until about 6pm, when we found the LK Bennett shoe shop which was the last shop on our rounds. Friend A Sook found her type of work shoe there and while she was trying them on, I wandered round trying on everything on display. Now, almost everything which I tried on made my feet look great (except the shoes which Friend A Sook bought). And they were comfortable, although the toes were pointy. I wish I could have bought them all!! And they were not very expensive, i.e. RRP about £80 and the outlet price/sale was about £30. This IS the shop I will come to buy shoes from when I need shoes (unlikely I will ever NEED shoes though)!!

I had my eye on a pink pair made of lace. It was extra comfy because the lace was a little bit stretchy and so it adjusted as I walked. £30 it was and I thought, "Nah don't need another pair". So Friend A Sook paid and we left to meet up with Lee Ling. We told Lee Ling about this wonderful pair of shoes and both her and her mom said I should get it. I wasn't convinced, and so we all went back to the shop so they could have a look. I was beginning to think I should because it is such a gem to find a nice pair of smart shoes which is slightly stretchy and comfy so finally I relented. And Lee Ling, who had actually not bought any shoes (the last time she was there she bought 8 pairs) also bought the black work shoes which Friend A Sook bought!!

As usual, Lee Ling spent the most (well, her mom was around). After that, went for a walk on the seafront before we heading back home. We went to Gallant for dinner, and bumped into my uncle and his relatives.

On Sunday, all four of us met up again with the intention of going strawberry picking, then the crystal shop and then to Tesco. It was raining, so instead we went to the crystal shop, the Chinese supermarket, and then Tesco. We had a really early start, but we were finished about 2:30pm so back home to rest after a weekend of shopping!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home