Madrid
It has been a few days since I last wrote. Life's been really busy. So much has been going on, and I don't have much time to write about it, so I'll do it in bits.
Firstly, I was in Madrid from Saturday to Monday. It was lovely. I definitely think that Madrid is nicer than Barcelona, but then I spent very little time there. I went with Lee Ling, Lisa and Friend A Sook (she asked me to call her Friend A, so I am).

Lee Ling, Friend A Sook, Lisa and me taken in a Restaurant Botin, which claims to be the oldest restaurant. We had baby pig and baby lamb and steak. Yum.
It was really hot, about 35 C during the day. We definitely had to have siesta in the afternoon. Ate lots great food - tapas and Spanish food.
There was "chuzzo" which is a kind of doughnut (fried dough) which you dip into hot chocolate. Yummy. The hot chocolate was very thick and creamy (like a hot mousse) but not very sweet. Yummy!!
We spent lots of money shopping but the best deal was 1/2 hour before having to go to the airport we found a shop which had bags on sale... I bought 3 handbags, from as little as 4 euros each!! Bargain!!
We also did touristy things like ride the Madrid Vision buses around town and I finally got to go to the Prado museum. Goya is very good! Mostly we walked. It was painful, because of the heat and a heavy handbag. My legs have just about recovered from all that walking (which for some strange reason didn't help my back - made it more tired!)
But today (Wednesday) I'm in Norwich for work. Still here after 6pm but trying to get more done (and write a blog!). It's also too hot out there to be walking around. Will be here 2 days (1 night). Nice to be away from London, but perhaps not the best time since I just got back and will be going away again this weekend. Oh well, it doesn't rain, it pours!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home