Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Christmas Holiday 2005

I have returned to London. Rome is over, for now. Basically, the Christmas weekend was spent resting.

On Christmas Day I went to Lisa and Friend A Sook's place. I provided an Italian starter of buffalo mozarella and Parma ham, Lisa cooked a turkey (from M&S) for Christmas lunch and Sook did a Christmas pudding for desert. Apart from that we did very little else, just sitting around watching TV and snoozing.

On Boxing Day we went to the East End to pick Lee Ling up from her cousin's place where she spent Christmas. We then went to Chinatown for lunch and walked around Covent Garden. Then I visited Kenneth to give him his Christmas present. We had sausage, leftover turkey and mashed potatoes for dinner.

Then on Tuesday 27th, which was a holiday, we went to Portsmouth for some shopping. We almost did not go as just as we got into the car, it began to snow quite heavily. So we detoured to Kingston but couldn't find parking. The snow stopped and the sun came out so we decided to go to Portsmouth anyway. It was a good harvest for Lisa, Lee Ling and even Friend A Sook, although I did not buy much. We spent the whole day there, even had dinner before we left. Lisa bought a pair of boots which she was very pleased with!

Well, all day I had been feeling poorly, sneezing and with sore throat. I attributed that to sleeping in Lisa and Friend A Sook's flat which is hot and dry. So I was prepared to be sick... lo and behold I am sick now!! Oh well, I expected that to happen anyway since I always get sick after being very busy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home