Duran Duran 2005
I did make it to a Duran Duran concert this year. I missed their May concert because I was travelling to Malaysia. I almost did not make it because I was working in Rome, but I arranged to be in London for the weekend so I can travel all the way to Birmingham just to see them!!
It was the best DD concert I have seen. One was the venue was not too big and I got to stand quite near the front (about 20 people deep). I don't know how they do it but they don't seem to have aged! They started on stage in black suits, white shirts and slim ties. JT was wearing leather trousers as usual. They still have the same hairstyles, and still as slim and fit as 20 years ago (well, almost!). Nick was cool as usual and never took off his jacket. Andy still has long hair and wore sunglasses all the time. Roger still has a quiff and Simon lost weight since last year. It made me feel like I was 16 again!
The rapport among the members were great too, making jokes between songs. Simon tried to swim on the audience but apparently was dropped! And one of the songs started wrongly and they were accusing each other of writing a crap song!
After the show I bought the souvenior book (a very fancy contraption), a 2006 calender and a mug. My early Christmas present to myself. I'm still such a fan!! I also got some decent photos... I think I now know how to use my digital camera!

2 Comments:
I can't believe that you still like them after all these years. Those guys must be pushing 50 by now. Which concert venue do you frequent?
Oh well they are about mid 40s now, but still looking very good!! Normally I would go to Wembley Arena or Earl's Court both in London. Must try to catch more concerts this year again... if anyone interesting is playing.
Post a Comment
<< Home