Thursday, September 07, 2006

Weekend in Edinburgh

I missed Edinburgh so much. I knew I did, but tried not to think about it. Going back there for the weekend was like a homecoming. I was familiar with everything, and felt a sense of happiness just being there. After the euphoria of seeing Robbie, Saturday was spent shopping for presents for the Alexanders. They were having a BBQ, weather permitting (never happened... what do you expect in Edinburgh?) to celebrate Iain's birthday. Iain's birthday just passed, and Gillian's birthday was in August, and it was going to be the twin's birthday later in September.

I got Amber a pink Barbie VW Beetle (doll included) and Cameron an huge toy aeroplane (with pilot, stewardess and passengers). They loved them. Gillian said it was good that Amber now has a car of her own but apparently they are still fighting over the VW Beetle, as Cameron is a big fan of cars!

On Sunday, it was another lazy day hanging around but before I left, Chris and I had dinner at the Mussels and Steak Bar. After that we walked through the crowds who were there for the fireworks to the bus station so that I can catch the National Express overnight coach back to London. It left Edinburgh at 10:00pm and I arrived in Victoria, London at 6:30am and I was in the office before 7:00am! Nicely, there was a shower in the office so I freshened up before starting work. All worth it as it had been a wonderful weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home