Hong Kong Foo-ey
So the trip to Hong Kong has finally happened. 2 weeks' work running end-user training sessions from 18 - 29 September. In total there were 9 days' training, 8 of which had the same contents. I thought that one of the other people would lead but in the end I led 8 out of the 9 days. It was tiring, but at the end quite rewarding and much less boring that being a co-trainer!
In the first week there were 6 trainers running 2 simultaneous classes and in the second week there were only 3 trainers as there were only one class. We had a good time during and after going for meals in nice restaurants and doing some sight seeing (ferry rides from Kowloon to HK, Victoria Peak, Jumbo Floating Restaurant, etc).We were put up in New World Renaissance Hotel in Kowloon, and the training was also done there, so we don't even have to leave the hotel! The service at the hotel was very good. They provide a big breakfast buffet and during the training, we had morning coffee, buffet lunch and afternoon tea. I think I must have put on a few pounds in the 2 weeks, but luckily I was leading the training so was walking around and using energy! Even the bed in the room was huge and very comfortable.
In the second week my mom and aunt came to HK and stayed in the room with me. I had to move into a twin room so that they can put an extra bed in (we had to pay a supplement). With my mom around we could go to those little noodle restaurants where the menu is all in Chinese. My mom and aunt did a lot of shopping and we also met some relatives for dinner.
I did not do as much shopping but on the last day before I left I walked around Kowloon and bought a couple of pairs of shoes for myself and some gifts for friends. Hong Kong is so different from when I went there over 10 years ago. Then, it was dirty and all the people were rude - "If you are not buying, don't touch!", and I really didn't want to go back there. Now it appears cleaner and in all the shops, the sales people would say "Take your time to browse".
There are not many photos because I mainly went out at night, but night shots on my camera is not very good.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home