Monday, January 08, 2007

Christmas & New Year

Christmas 2006 was very quiet. Kenneth decided to be host at his flat, so it was him, his flatmates (2 girls), one of their friends, my aunt and I on the day. We had the traditional turkey, stuffing, potatoes, brussel sprouts etc etc. They did a very good job. My contribution was dessert of "Death By Chocolate".

Then I was working between Christmas and New Year. There wasn't any point in taking any days off since I had just had some holidays and there was nothing special planned.

On the evening of Friday 29 December, I took the train up to Edinburgh. It was a good opportunity to go and celebrate Hogmanay since I now have friends with whom I can stay with. Also, I won free tickets to the event.

I stayed with Gillian and Iain and their kids, Cameron and Amber. It was also good to get out of London for a bit as I was getting fed up (esp with work!!) It was nice and relaxing, going to the cinema to watch Happy Feet with the kids, shopping, going to Iain's mom for a visit, and even managed to catch up with Chris.

On New Year's Eve when Hogmanay was, it was very windy. I registered with the police who texts updates on the event to us. So I was sitting at home with Gillian and Iain watch TV while waiting to go out, I got a text to say that Hogmanay was cancelled due to the high winds!! Oh well, so in the end, Iain brought out the champagne and we toasted the New Year in the comfort of their home!!!

On New Year's Day, luckily all in one piece not having gone to Hogmanay, I got back on the train to London. I still had not achieved my ambition of celebrating Hogmanay in Edinburgh, but there's always next year!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home